Exercising During Pregnancy
alyeska resort actual property 2Most moms-to-be benefit greatly from exercising. During your pregnancy, though, you''t limit your ability to exercise). It can help you:
- Feel better. At a time when you wonder how this strange body can possibly be yours, exercise can increase your sense of control and boost your energy level. Not only does it make you feel better by releasing endorphins (naturally occurring chemicals in the brain), appropriate exercise can:
- relieve backaches and improve your posture by strengthening and toning muscles in your back, butt, and thighs
- reduce constipation by accelerating movement in your intestines
- prevent wear and tear on your joints (which become loosened during pregnancy due to normal hormonal changes) by activating the lubricating fluid in your joints
- help you sleep better by relieving the stress and anxiety that might make you restless at night
- Look better. Exercise increases the blood flow to your skin, giving you a healthy glow.
- Prepare you and your body for birth. Strong muscles and a fit heart can greatly ease labor and delivery. Gaining control over your breathing can help you manage pain. And in the event of a lengthy labor, increased endurance can be a real help.
- Regain your pre-pregnancy body more quickly. You''t expect or try to lose weight by exercising while you''s still out on the additional benefits of exercise during pregnancy, some studies have shown that exercise may even lower a woman''s Safe During Pregnancy?
It depends on when you start and whether your pregnancy is complicated. If you exercised regularly before becoming pregnant, continue your program, with modifications as you need them.
alyeska resort actual property 2If you weren''t give up! Begin slowly and build gradually as you become stronger. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommends at least 150 minutes (that''re healthy, the risks of moderate-intensity activity during pregnancy are very low, and do not increase risk of low birth weight, pre-term delivery, or early pregnancy loss.
alyeska resort actual property 2Before you continue your old exercise routine or begin a new one, you should talk to your doctor about exercising while you''s easy to vary the pace, add hills, and add distance. If you''re a pro or a novice, go slowly for the first 5 minutes to warm up and use the last 5 minutes to cool down.
If you were a runner before you were pregnant, you might be able to continue running during your pregnancy, although you may have to modify your routine.
Whatever type of exercise you and your doctor decide on, the key is to listen to your body''ll notice a decreased ability to breathe in more air (and the oxygen it contains) when you exercise. If your body says, "" — stop!
Your body is signaling that it''t talk while you''re doing it too strenuously.
It also isn''t overdo exercise on hot days.
During hot weather, avoid exercising outside during the hottest part of the day (from about 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.) or exercise in an air-conditioned place. Also remember that swimming makes it more difficult for you to notice your body heating up because the water makes you feel cooler.
alyeska resort actual property 2What Are Kegel Exercises?
Although the effects of Kegel exercises can''re doing them!
alyeska resort actual property 2To find the correct muscles, pretend you''re using the correct muscles if you feel a pull. Or place a finger inside your vagina and feel it tighten when you squeeze. Your doctor can also help you identify the correct muscles.
A few things to keep in mind when you''t tighten other muscles (stomach or legs, for example) at the same time. You want to focus on the muscles you''t hold your breath while you do them because it''t regularly do Kegels by stopping and starting your flow of urine while you''s also wise to avoid any activities that include:
- jarring (anything that would cause a lot of up and down movement)
- a sudden change of direction
- a risk of abdominal injury
alyeska resort actual property 2Typical limitations include contact sports, downhill skiing, scuba diving, and horseback riding because of the risk of injury they pose.
Although some doctors say step aerobics workouts are acceptable if you can lower the height of your step as your pregnancy progresses, others caution that a changing center of gravity makes falls much more likely. If you do choose to do aerobics, just make sure to avoid becoming extremely winded or exercising to the point of exhaustion.
alyeska resort actual property 2And check with your doctor if you experience any of these warning signs during any type of exercise:
- vaginal bleeding
- unusual pain
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- unusual shortness of breath
- racing heartbeat or chest pain
- fluid leaking from your vagina
- uterine contractions
How Can I Get Started?
Always talk to your doctor before beginning any exercise program. Once you''ve been inactive. Add 5 minutes each week until you reach 30 minutes.
- Dress comfortably in loose-fitting clothes and wear a supportive bra to protect your breasts.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid overheating and dehydration.
- Skip your exercises if you're sick.
- Opt for a walk in an air-conditioned mall on hot, humid days.
- Above all, listen to your body.